Migration has always been a complex area that is subjected to the constant fulfillment of subsequent government’s policies and priorities.

Q. Can I Work full Time or Study Part Time Without Any Sponsorship In Australia?

Majority of the working visas require employer to sponsor. However, different options are given so student can work fulltime without any sponsorship: Option 1: Apply for a working holiday subclass 417 visa, people under 31 and hold passports form certain countries can apply for this visa. Option 2: Apply for a Graduate Temporary subclass 485 visas, students who complete qualifications taking at least 2 Academic years can apply for this visa. Also, student may find business opportunity in Australia then establish a business, the student may be possible to “self-sponsor

Q. Can One Work Part-time During the Course In Australia?

Students are permitted to work only 40 hrs fortnightly on part time basis during session/classes and full time in vacations.

Q. How Can I Prove I Have Competent English in Australia?

To prove that you have competent English you must provide evidence of one of the following:

  • You have achieved a score of at least 6 for each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application
  • You have achieved a score of ‘B’ for each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET) that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application
  • You hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland and you are a citizen of that country.

Q. How Do I Rate Australian Universities?

All Australian Universities are government funded and are AVCC members. The ratings for all universities have been released by Department Government of Australia, you can check the most resent ranking of Australian Universities in this website http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university rankings/2013#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars=false+search=rmi

Q. How Long Will It Take to Process My Application for a Student Visa In Australia?

The tables below detail the processing time service standards for visas for studying, training and conducting research in Australia.

Note: We aim to process 75 per cent of applications within these service standards, however actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.

Visa application Lodged in Australia Lodged outside Australia
Assessment Level Level 1 or 2 Level 3 or 4 Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 or 4
(subclass 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 580)Note: Student Guardian visa processing times are based on the Assessment Level of the nominating student.
14 days 1 month 14 days 21 days 3 months
Students: permission to work 7 days 7 days n/a n/a n/a

Assessment Levels: Student visa Assessment Levels are determined by the passport you hold and the visa subclass you are applying for.

See: Student Visa Assessment Levels, Student Visa Options, Processing Applications

Streamlined visa processing: Streamlined visa processing commenced on 24 March 2012. Processing time information is currently being developed and will be available shortly.

Q. How Much Does Australian Education Cost?

The list below is an indication of the range of course costs for different types of qualifications (updated 214 by Australia government http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/global/australian-education/education-costs).

  • School – $7,800 to $30,000
  • English language studies – Around $300 per week depending on course length
  • Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $4,000 to $22,000
  • Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $15,000 to $33,000*
  • Postgraduate Masters Degree – $20,000 to $37,000*
  • Doctoral Degree – $14,000 to $37,000*

Q. I hold an Australian Student Visa, Can I Study Outside Australia?

Yes. Student visa holders can participate in an international exchange program if:

  • the study or training is an assessable part of the student’s course in Australia and has been approved as part of the registration process for the course
  • the exchange lasts for less than 12 months
  • dependents of the student who are in Australia go with the student if they spend more than six months outside Australia for the exchange.

During the exchange program providers are still required to report:

  • failure to meet attendance or to achieve satisfactory course progress
  • if the student stops, or has a break in their studies.

Q. What Are the Advantages of Studying in Australia?

Students will have the following advantages:

  • The degrees obtained from Australia are globally recognized.
  • Many world top fifty ranked universities are in Australia (source: QS World TOP 500 Universities 2012 Rankings).
  • Costs incurred are lower in comparison to UK, USA.
  • Very friendly & co-operative people.
  • Weather is suitable to Nepali students.
  • Post Qualification work & settlement options are better than other countries.
  • Students are allowed to work while studying.
  • Universities are research focused & technology driven.

Q. What Is the Application Process for Australia?

Australian education institutions are divided into TAFE, Private Providers & Universities. Australian institutions offer different levels of programs – Year 11 & 12, Certificate-IV, Diplomas, Bachelor degrees, Graduate & Postgraduate diplomas, Masters (By Coursework & Research) and PhD. Admissions are done on the basis of a student’s academic results & IELTS/TOEFL/OET score. The following documents are required for the admission procedure.

  • Mark sheets & certificate of Year 10 & Year 12 equivalent.
  • IELTS result copy (If not submitted- only a conditional offer letter will be issued).
  • Mark sheets of bachelor degree.
  • Degree certificate (Provisional degree certificate is acceptable, if original not received till date).
  • Mark sheets & degree certificate for PG/Masters degree, if completed in Nepal/ India or abroad.
  • Work experience certificates (if applicable).
  • Statement of Purpose/ Recommendation letters (Depending upon course).
  • Income statement* deemed necessary as per various university policies.
  • Application fees draft (Depending on the university).

Q. What Is the Visa Application Charge in Australia?

The visa application charge is the amount of money in Australian dollars (AUD) that must be paid for a visa application, but in some cases the visa application charge is nil. The visa application charge is broken into two installments, with first installment payable when the application is made, and the second installment payable before visa grant. We will notify you if, and when, the second installment is due. Depending on your circumstances, there are be different types of charges included in the amount that is payable at the time of lodging a visa application. The charges that apply from 1 July 2013 include charge for additional applicants in a combined application, charge for subsequent temporary applications applied for in Australia, and a charge for certain visa applications that are not lodged through our online service. We do not usually refund the visa application charge, even if the visa application is refused or withdrawn. The second installment is not payable if the visa application is refused or withdrawn before the second installment is paid.

See: Visa Pricing Table
Follow us